Sunday, July 6, 2014

Settling in and looking around

Hello, again.  I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  For our Fourth, we were given candy in exchange for doing something American.  Alexis and I said the Pledge of Allegiance in unison.

The past few days I've been walking around Christchurch, getting the lay of the land.  First we saw local shops and banks, then we explored the bus system.  Today I found my way to the nearby church and in the afternoon we visited Christchurch's botanic gardens.  Still can't wait for classes to start.

1 comment:

  1. Also, I made a video for you guys of my first week+ in New Zealand, but it doesn't want to load now. So keep an eye out for that. I might have to compress it like I did for the Fiji video, but I really want to keep it high quality! In any event, that's coming soon.

    ReplyDelete