Sunday, July 27, 2014

Quick Update

Hello, everyone!  Things are definitely picking up here, so I'll try to give you a brief overview of what I've been up to!

Class has been great.  Some projects have started up already.  I'm still working on my transition from "summer mode," though, to keep up on homework!

Tuesday was Clubs Day.  Alexis and I visited the Foundry, picking up free stuff and perusing the tables of clubs and societies.  After ducking into the photo booth, I signed up for BioSoc, CathSoc, Pro-Life Canterbury, and the Tramping Club.  Between all of that I managed to pick up magnets, chocolate, a stress ball, mini-doughnuts, and a hot chocolate.  I would say the afternoon was definitely worth our while!

On Wednesday we also visited the Staff Club for the BioSoc pizza party.  Then there was a Tramping (Hiking) Club meeting.  After that, we found free pancakes at the common room and made some new friends there!  New Friend Leslie invited us to a Christmas party on the 25th.  Everyone in the group seemed very nice, and the pancakes were excellent.  All in all, it was a productive and social evening.

Friday was the Christmas party.  It was lots of fun!  Leslie and her friends decorated their house with a tree, paper snowflakes, and Christmas decorations.  There were even plenty of delicious Christmas cookies.  It was very relaxed; we socialized with lots of people and sang a few Christmas carols.  It was really a lot of fun.

Today Alexis and I went to the Christchurch city center and walked around the container mall.  I think I mentioned it before.  It's a shopping mall made out of brightly painted shipping containers.  It was a chilly day, so we didn't stay too long; we came back for lunch and made a nice warm meal of spaghetti and meatballs.

That was a quick summary of what I've been up to, just to keep you all in the loop.  I have to run now, but thanks for following my adventures, and don't forget to keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment